Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I have a big but and I can not lie. hahaaha

So I did not really do much today I helped with homework again and I think the kids are going to read with and American accent because I’m helping them hahaha and I’m learning as they are learning so hopefully as I keep helping I’ll learn how to speak and read Romanian better and the next part is just something that I have been thinking about and stuff so hopefully it challenges you or something…

Jonah 1:1-3
“1The word of the LORD came to Jonah son of Amittai: 2“Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”3But Jonah ran away from the LORD and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the LORD.” NIV
But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the LORD. He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the LORD by sailing to Tarshish NLT
What is/are the “but(‘s)” in your life?
What is the thing that God is coming to you and saying and speaking into your life, “I have this purpose for you I have this mission and I want you to do this and go here or do that . And your response is this “But God I’m comfortable here I have all that I want here.” And His response is this “you may have all that you want but you don’t have all that I want you to have, so go.” Or maybe you hear that word from God and you respond with fear or rebellion like Jonah and you are like but God Tarshish is a big city and my enemy they hate me! And I can’t go there! So you run in the complete opposite direction. But God is saying I want you to do something different! I want you to get outside of yourself! I want you to move beyond your borders of where you’re comfortable at, and I want you to go to the enemy I want you to lift up your eyes from where you are at and gaze at my plan for your life. It’s not all about you. I have a purpose for your life that will infuse every part of your life with meaning!
Can you see yourself as one being used by God? Can you see yourself as one being called by God to be used by him?
What is your but?
Can we take the “buts” that we have, and that make us run from God, and hand them over to Him and instead of running from him you will begin to run towards him and his calling on your life? 

4 comments:

  1. Good entry and very thought provoking. Can I make a suggestion. Can you change to color of your post. The blue is difficult to read in places. Just a thought. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what an excellent title, sure did get my attention, most wonderful post. - <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT!
    STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.
    LOVE, AUNT PATTY

    ReplyDelete