Monday, February 27, 2012

Hair, Canadians, Norwegians, Lost in in translation? :)

Well, this week has been one that has tested my language skills and my knowledge of hair... haha Ten days ago a hair dresser came here to Romania and I was her main translation so where she went I also went and translated for her telling her how the people wanted their hair cut, talk about intimidating!! I felt so inadequate but every person was happy with how their hair looked! 
Their was one day that I had gone with Janelle, the hair dresser, Leanne, her sister, Reinhard, a Canadian that lives here in Romania, and two Norwegians... and I was the only translation for all of them that day! and that day I also had gotten sick so once we came home and went to bed I woke up the next day to hear that I was translating in my sleep saying things like "I can't anymore" "Where?" "Two" in Romanian and then in English "I'm sorry guys I didn't get all of that."  or "I don't know what that means." So it was quite the day and night for me.. Please keep me in your prayers that I would keep learning Romanian because I have a lot to go and the grammar is very hard! 
If there is one thing that I learned from these last 10 days is that God will use your weaknesses for his glory. 










No comments:

Post a Comment